Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ella Kate

Grandma and Ella

Ella in Pink

Mommy and Ella in the delivery room

The Carroll Family

Yesterday evening our first granddaughter was born - Ella Kate. She weighed 8 lbs., and Alyssa and I (along with George, of course) had the great privilege of being in the delivery room when she made her entrance. As you can see, she has long slender fingers (and toes), and lots of dark hair. We weren't even sure she was ours until she demanded to eat right off the bat, then we knew she was a Mangus girl!!! Today, I held her and rocked her for a good portion of the day. I know I keep saying this, but it's true, "Life just doesn't get any better!"

8 comments:

natalie said...

I have no words...I am so in love...what a perfect sight.

rachel said...

HI!! I am a friend of Brittany's from her Oregon days and have been waiting for news. Ella Kate is beautiful. Thank you for posting these photos since it may be a day or two before Brittany is able to blog.
Please tell her Congratulations from me and give her big hugs.
Rachel H.

Susan Mangus said...

We will do that, Rachel.

Momma Fran said...

Congratulations! Ella is beautiful! Brittany looks great as well. Enjoy the new little darling. I know you will.

Momma Fran said...

So, I am talking with my children and they ask me if I have seen the picture of Brittany and family. Both Chris and Niki think she looks just like me. I'll take that as a HUGE compliment but Brittany might want to club her cousins!

Susan Mangus said...

I have always thought she looked like you and have even called her Fran on more than one occasion. Thanks for backing me up family!

natalie said...

rockin' biceps mom!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

The picture of you and Baby Ella is adorable. I can't wait to meet her.